In-depth look at commercial roofing OSHA regulations and the fall protection equipment needed to stay safe and compliant.
In the construction industry, falls are the number one cause of death—killing on average 150 to 200 people each year. Most of these falls occur from scaffolds and roofs.
OSHA regulations on roofing practices and equipment are laws designed to prevent these fall fatalities and injuries. That makes following them critical to keeping your crew safe and avoiding legal penalties.
Within This Reference Guide:
With the Commercial Roofing Fall Protection Reference Guide, you’ll learn about the important OSHA regulations and how to buy compliant equipment. Specifically, you’ll find:
- How to develop a comprehensive fall protection plan.
- A breakdown of the OSHA regulations that apply to commercial roofers and fall protection equipment.
- Descriptions of required fall protection equipment, including perimeter protection, safety nets, fall arrest systems, skylight and hatch guards, and more.
- OSHA-compliant features to look for in your fall protection equipment.
- A fall protection equipment checklist that you can easily print out to simplify the buying process.
This guide is intended for roofing contractors looking for a solid overview of OSHA fall protection regulations, to refresh their understanding of the topic, or to ensure their company and projects are compliant.
If you’re interested in learning more about the safety equipment necessary to remain OSHA-compliant, while maintaining or improving contractor efficiency, contact Hy-Tech Roof at [email protected] or 800-635-0384.